The COSMA Board of Commissioners is comprised of eight members from the COSMA membership and one individual representing sport industry. The Board of Commissioners meets twice a year and independently determines the accreditation status of an institution's sport management program.
Current Board of Commissioners (as of May 29, 2013)
- Colleen Colles, Nichols College (3 year term, expires 2014) - Chair
- Susan Foster, Saint Leo University (3 year term, expires 2016)
- Christopher Greenwell, University of Louisville (3 year term, expires 2016)
- Darlene Kluka, Barry University (3 year term, expires 2016)
- Christina Martin, Troy University (3 year term, expires 2014)
- Tim Newman, York College of Pennsylvania (3 year term, expires 2014)
- Robert Prior, Northeastern University (3 year term, expires 2015)
- Russell Scibetti, New York Jets (3 year term, expires 2016)
The COSMA Board of Commissioners perform the following duties:
- Determine accredited status for institutions.
- Recommend changes in accreditation expectations and process, where appropriate, which must be approved by the members of the COSMA at the annual meeting.
- Re-evaluate the sport management education programs of accredited member institutions as necessary.
- Exercise such other incidental powers as are reasonable and necessary to carry out the functions of the Board of Commissioners.