Interested in running for a position on the Board of Commissioners? Submit your Statement of Interest
by March 31, 2014.
The COSMA Board of Commissioners is comprised of eight members from the COSMA membership and one individual representing sport industry. The Board of Commissioners meets twice a year and independently determines the accreditation status of an institution's sport management program. The next meeting of the Board of Commissioners will be May 28, 2014.
Current Board of Commissioners (as of May 29, 2013)
- Colleen Colles, Metropolitan State University of Denver (3 year term, expires 2014) - Chair
- Susan Foster, Saint Leo University (3 year term, expires 2016)
- Christopher Greenwell, University of Louisville (3 year term, expires 2016)
- Darlene Kluka, Barry University (3 year term, expires 2016)
- Christina Martin, Troy University (3 year term, expires 2014)
- Tim Newman, York College of Pennsylvania (3 year term, expires 2014)
- Robert Prior, Northeastern University (3 year term, expires 2015)
- Russell Scibetti, New York Jets (3 year term, expires 2016)
The COSMA Board of Commissioners perform the following duties:
- Determine accredited status for institutions.
- Recommend changes in accreditation expectations and process, where appropriate, which must be approved by the members of the COSMA at the annual meeting.
- Re-evaluate the sport management education programs of accredited member institutions as necessary.
- Exercise such other incidental powers as are reasonable and necessary to carry out the functions of the Board of Commissioners.